I’ve often wondered if your fears are actually bigger lessons wrapped up partly to keep us safe, and partly to give us the opportunity for growth and learning. The balance between this is fine, and knowing how to judge what is ‘right’ for you can be challenging. Over the last month I’ve been coaching all sorts of people from a CEO to a England U18 Runner, a celebrity to a working mother… and many others. The theme seems to be constant, about fear. So I wanted to write a little blog with 7 tips to overcome fear and embrace success. So grab a mug of matcha tea or your favorite tipple, a notebook for your ideas and have a read….
Have a think about what you are ‘not coping’ with, or what fear’s you still have. What’s behind that fear? You know when someone says, trust you gut instinct, or go with your heart? Yes? The thing with that is, that often fear causes us to say no, as it’s our protection mechanism.
What if you peak behind the fear, peak behind your limits, what possibility is there….?
‘Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming. And don’t be afraid of wearing your heart on your sleeve – in declaring the films that you love, the films that you want to make, the life that you’ve had, and the lives you can help reflect in cinema. For myself, for a long time… maybe I felt inauthentic or something, I felt like my voice wasn’t worth hearing, and I think everyone’s voice is worth hearing. So if you’ve got something to say, say it from the rooftops.’
Your 7 Top Tips in Success Magazine which may help you have an awesome 2017 and embrace Fear:
1. Grow personally, empower yourself to make a decision each week to help you move towards what you want to do and feel. Think about your habits, mindset and beliefs.
2. Treat others Rights, remember everyone is doing the best they can in that moment. So focus on supporting those around you, and letting go of things you cannot change.
3. Break a bad habit or unhelpful thought this month, really focus on it and make it your complete focus to make it happen and change. Get support if you need it, accountability and support makes the difference.
4. Work Smarter & Switch off. Think about how and where you are spending you time, could you shift and adapt your focus, switch off devices to make a difference to your productivity, flow and growth?
5. Become more physically, emotionally and spiritually balanced, take time each day to practise something which will enhance one of these areas, allowing you to pause, breathe and enjoy the moment. Read, walk, stretch, cook, be quiet, nurture your relationships that matter.
6. Sow more than you reap. Give random acts of kindness, make time for those around you, share your knowledge, share your fears, celebrate your progress and allow others to feel inspired by what you give, however you feel in that moment. Practise self care too, so you are the best version you can be, to give the best to others.
7. Eat and cook your evening meal more often, spend time sitting and talking with friends and family, grow the most important relationships around you. Have time together, laugh, love, live in the moment.
Love you to choose one of the Tips and really focus on making it ‘great’ this week, and then choose another to progress with next week. Then by the time you reach May Bank Holiday you will have achieve 7 simple tips to embrace fear and grow your success,
Let me know how you go, I love to hear, big support your Mind Body Coach, Kim
Read my Strong interview with Sweat It Magazine