How are you doing?
I hope you had a really good first full week of 2016.
I’ve been reading some great features and articles…. and thought I would summarise what you should (or could) do in 2016….. LOVE to know what you think you should or will be doing!
1. Practise Compassion towards yourself & others – buying a ‘self worth’ money pot, so each week you pop in a £1 or whatever you want, once it’s full you can smash it and spend it on your goal, your friends, whatever you want… yet it’s the act of growing your self worth that makes a difference 🙂
2. Go on a weekly Digital Detox for at least 4 hours a week, switch everything off… use this time to read a book, have a ‘learning’ book and a relaxation book, depending how you feel.
3. Plan a monthly adventure, it doesn’t have to be big, just go and explore for a day – it could be anything from climbing a mountain to trying a new sport, visiting a new city, seeing friends you have not done for a long time.
4. Learn a new skill or language – easier than you think if you download podcasts, or buy CD’s for your car, when you train, instead of social media time… just a thought.
5. Walk More, Strengthen your Posture, Breathe more Deeply & Speak more Positively to Yourself…. overall self worth & health growth
6. Nurture your ‘wealth’ and practise an attitude of gratitude when you spend or pay a bill….. read the Financial papers every now and then, save for something that really matter’s to you ( or something you want to do/give to others, even if this takes years) and LOVE what you can do.
7. Sign up for something that scares you, that you really want to do…. a charity challenge, fitness goal, travelling adventure, cooking course, music gig, photography, anything that will add value to YOU – happy to help if you don’t know where to begin
8. Try a new recipe each week (or fortnight), and cook double so you have lunch or dinner’s for the week if you are busy. It ‘s great to vary your nutrition and fun to cook different things – dare you 😉
9. Drink your water, at least 1-2 litres a day and just notice the difference in your skin, energy, mood and immunity, trust me
10. Mix up your fitness training, do something different… even if you goal is the same sport. Get a DNA Fit Nutrition test if it appeals and really personalise your training plans (happy to help with this). Set a mini (big) personal goal – like press ups or stretching improvement, chin ups or squats, running up a hill or swimming longer or faster than before. Simple, tiny monthly goals
11. Call or write a card to a friend each week who means something to you, it doesn’t take long, just to say hi, you rock, it will make a difference
12. Set a goal for your career that will help you to feel more balanced and happy at work… this could be promotion, reducing hours, learning something new… do the 1 thing that would make you most happy if you achieved it
13. Find a kick ass mentor or coach to support you with the one thing you really want to achieve this year…. focus, confidence, career, fitness, life…. and book a session with them. They are you accountability and support. If you can’t afford it yet, save up, or read their blogs, social media and take action on what they advice
14. Give something back… a random act of kindness each week, time with children or elderly, help a d, charity races and event’s, sponsoring a child with PlanUK, I aim to do one of these each week and we sponsor 2 children with Plan UK.
15. Take time each week to reflect on what’s going well and focus on what you really want to achieve (and this can be relaxing and taking time out) for the week ahead. Write things down, keep a journal, and choose a word to keep you focused, confidence, radience, strength, brave… you decide. Build a vision board of people, goals, places and ‘things’ that inspire you to be brave, to believe in your dreams… and slowly, consistently, take action…
16. Ahhh find the JOY in each day, something to be grateful and happy for, even on your hardest day’s, find that time ray of hope, and know it will be better. Notice the good things, listen to your internal language and conversations, choose to focus on what you want to happen, feel and become, let go of what you don’t. Share you JOY and be proud of YOU…. grow this.
So there you have my 16 Top Habits to take action on this year…. LOVE to hear your’s, tweet me, instagram or FB – kim ingleby for them all 🙂
Next week I’ll share a few books that may help you with this,
In the meantime, sending you BIG Support for a Wonderful Year Ahead,
Kimpossible x x x
‘With remarkable people around you, you can achieve amazing things’ Hoy
ps If you would like to join me in person, BOOK onto my Make 2016 Brilliant Workshop on 31st Jan, 10-4pm in Bristol, going to be great – http://www.energisedperformance.com/product.php/2696/112/make_2016_brilliant_workshop_
Listen to my podcast with Scott Baptie to help you overcome your limits http://www.foodforfitness.co.uk/podcast/37